This website, content and the products and services sold here are provided and created/written by Katie Schwarz unless otherwise credited. You are free to pin, tweet, or share any content here provided you credit By Katie Schwarz and link back to the original page.
By visiting this website or making a purchase you agree to the following terms.
Your privacy is important to me. Please read this document carefully as it discloses information about who I am, what information I collect, and how it is stored. Your information will never be sold or shared with a third party except the services I use in the operation of my business. Keep reading to find out more.
Last updated January 30, 2019.
SECTION 1 – WHO I AM
By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint (formerly Katie Schwarz Design) is owned and operated by Katie Schwarz. When you visit these Sites or use my Services, you trust me with some of your personal information. I take this responsibility very seriously.
SECTION 2 - CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Short version: I do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
I do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using these Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of these Sites. If I learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, I will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from my records. If you become aware of any data collected by this website from children under age 18, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 3 – COOKIES
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Sites, a number of cookies files may be placed in your web browser. Cookies are used for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising, to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. I use both session and persistent cookies.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so in your browser. Each browser is different, so consult your browser's help documentation to learn how to disable cookies. Please note, the Services provided by the Sites will be affected by turning off cookies.
SECTION 4 – WHAT INFORMATION I COLLECT & HOW I USE IT
Short version: I collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to me such as name, address, contact information, passwords, payment information, or other data to fulfill the Service or product purchase. Please note, payment information is collected & encrypted by a third party payment processor, and I do not store or have access to view that information.
The personal information collected depends on the context of your interactions with me and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data-
By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint collects your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data as you provide it to respond to an inquiry or fulfill a Service.
By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint collects passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access via a third party service when necessary to complete a service.
By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint collects data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (like a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by the payment processor and you should review their privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions. I use Stripe and/or PayPal to process payments. Your payment information is not stored by this site.
Information automatically collected-
Short version: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit the Sites.
By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint automatically collects certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use the Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the Sites, and for internal analytics and reporting purposes.
How I use your information-
Short version: By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint processes your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of my contract with you, compliance with my legal obligations, and/or your consent.
I use personal information collected via the Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. I process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with my legal obligations ("Legal Reasons").
- To facilitate account creation and logon process [with your Consent]. If you choose to create an account with the Sites I use the information you provide to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications [for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. I and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of these marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you [for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual]. I may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders [for Contractual reasons]. I may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To post testimonials [with your Consent]. I post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, I will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact me at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you [for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. I may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. For more information, see the Cookie Section.
- Administer prize draws and competitions [for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. I may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback [for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. I may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To enable user-to-user communications [with your consent]. I may use your information, such as your name, in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies [for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual].
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm [for Legal Reasons]. If I receive a subpoena or other legal request, I may need to inspect the data held to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve the Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
SECTION 5 – WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED?
Short version: I only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint shares and discloses your information in the following situations:
Compliance with Laws-
I may disclose your information where I am legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Vital Interests and Legal Rights-
I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of these policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which I am involved.
Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers-
I may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint or on my behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. I may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, I do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint uses the following third party Services to process personal information (I have provided links to their Privacy Policies for your convenience):
- Google LLC
- Facebook Remarketing Service
Remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either of us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
With your Consent
I may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Sites, such personal information may be viewed by all users. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within the Sites, and view your profile.
SECTION 6 - CONSENT
When you provide By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, you consent to me collecting that information and using it for that specific reason only.
If I ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, I will ask you directly for your expressed consent.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for me to contact you, for the continued collection, or use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may unsubscribe, or adjust your preferences from marketing and newsletters emails by clicking the link included with each email.
SECTION 7 – CONFIDENTIALITY
All private correspondence between you and Katie Schwarz is confidential and may not be shared without my express written consent. Likewise, I will not share your correspondence without your express written consent.
SECTION 8 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, By Katie Schwarz/Brand Personality Blueprint takes reasonable precautions and follows industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and transmitted to the third-party payment processor.
SECTION 10 – CONTACT INFORMATION